Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: I apologize...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member armandh's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ad you are better off spending $ running a 10 ga 30A. service to the breaker box and settling for hospital grade connections.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    There is some sense in a dedicated line to your audio room. I have that, but it is only because I built my room in the basement, and there was no service in there before I started.
    I wired the lights seperate from the wall outlets. Just made sense to me, didn't do it because I wanted a dedicated line.

    As far as the filters in the equip doing an adequate job, well, it depends on the quality of the equip. Do you know what's in there?

    The best solution would be to have a 60hz power generator that creates it's own perfect sine wave and converts it to line level voltage at enough current to run your entire system. Such equipment is available. Does it make a difference? Well, you will have to shell out the many $$$$ and decide for yourself.
    Forget cryo treated anything. Pure snake oil. It's just that simple.

    Ron

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Post

    There is some sense in a dedicated line to your audio room. I have that, but it is only because I built my room in the basement, and there was no service in there before I started.
    I wired the lights seperate from the wall outlets. Just made sense to me, didn't do it because I wanted a dedicated line.

    As far as the filters in the equip doing an adequate job, well, it depends on the quality of the equip. Do you know what's in there?

    The best solution would be to have a 60hz power generator that creates it's own perfect sine wave and converts it to line level voltage at enough current to run your entire system. Such equipment is available. Does it make a difference? Well, you will have to shell out the many $$$$ and decide for yourself.
    Forget cryo treated anything. Pure snake oil. It's just that simple.

    Ron

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    But will a new 30 amp 10 ga. circuit do what the cryo recept will do:

    "Loads of undiscovered detail will show itself once you have installed one of these. While it is the most detailed receptacle on the market, it never sounds harsh or spitty,"

    How do I know if the 30 amp circuit will delete "harsh and spitty"?

    Again I ask - Shouldn't the filters in the power supply negate anything that could possibly be injected into the audio path as far as a receptacle is considered?

    I would think that a ground isolated circuit from all of the induction devices in your house would be the better solution.

    But then again, an independant ground isolated circuit with cryo treated recepticles would do what?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Keith_H1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I'm new here and don't know **** about vintage speakers but I do know a little about the cryogenic process. It's not just a matter of dipping the part in and pulling it out. It's a controlled process in which the part is gradually cooled, held there for a pre determined amount of time, and then gradually brought back to room temp. The theory is that it re-aligns the molecules in the metal to a more uniform pattern and therefore strengthens it. In a situation such as a metal driver I'd say it improves the rigity of the piece and the consistency of the molecular stucture. This is just something I read a long time ago so please don't hold me to the explanation but it kind of makes sense. The one thing that absolutely makes me believe in it is the fact that I use Dean Markley Blue Steel electric guitar strings that are cryogenically treated. They stay in tune better, sound brighter, and last longer than any other string I used in the past. I've been playing for 27 years now and have used just about every string out there. I've been using the Blus steels for at least five years now and will never use another brand again. Well, that's just my two cents. Hope it helps. Keith

  6. #16
    Hostboard Member thinking's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2004
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This has been asked in relation to a few other discussions, and would bear asking here. Do they have any data to substantiate their claims? I have heard there is some data to make some claims regarding cryo treating some auto parts, ie. brake rotors, and wouldn't necessarily discount the guitar strings, but there surely is some data to justify the dollars spent on the receptacles, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.